Around the house‎ > ‎DIY‎ > ‎


posted May 31, 2012, 10:27 AM by Quoc-Anh Vuong   [ updated Jun 24, 2012, 2:39 PM ]
We have different type of faucets and when one leaks, it's difficult to remember which parts to purchase or replace; sometimes, I don't remember how to open one, which I fixed few years ago. So, here is an attempt to put all the information here.
  • The kitchen sink has a Danze faucet, model Melrose, single handle, pull-out spray. This one uses ceramic cartridge, expensive! There are two cartridge models: DA507009N or DA603565N
  • The master bathroom uses Moen single handle faucet, which use the common cartridge 1225, or 1225B.
  • In the utility room, at the laundry sink, the two-handle faucet uses typical short stem washer.

On Saturday, the gaskets box, which I bought online arrived. 141 of them, all various sizes and types.

Sunday, I replaced the gasket, o-ring, and the stem gasket on both hot/cold stems of the basement's faucet. However, the new gaskets box does have the correct sizes, thus I have to use the old plumbing o-rings and gaskets box I had. The faucet now no longer leak.

On Monday, June 11, 2012 I replaced the Moen cartridge in the master bathroom

On Sunday, June 24th, 2012 the utility sink faucet in the basement was leaking again. Tried to remove the seat, but this is an old faucet model which does not have one! So, replaced a flat 1/8" washer, and that stopped the leak for the hot side. We should replace the whole faucet, and perhaps put in a set of shut-off valves.

Quoc-Anh Vuong,
Jun 2, 2012, 7:47 PM